Sunday, October 14, 2012

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Review

Growing up I can remember watching E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. I also remember visiting Universal Studios and loving the E.T. ride. I can not believe that this year marks its 30th anniversary. Recently when it aired on TV, I encouraged my boys to watch it explaining to them that this movie is a classic and came out when I was a little girl. After watching it for a few minutes they were definitely intrigued, but they did not get to finish the movie because it was on past their bedtime. So they were very excited when they found out I had a copy of the Blu-ray version to watch. In case you have never seen the movie, here is the synopsis:

When an imaginative boy meets a lost alien, it is the beginning of one of cinema's most endearing friendships, as Elliot (Henry Thomas) helps the marvelous creature he calls E.T. find his way back home before government agents can capture him.



Our thoughts: Since I loved E.T. growing up, I was excited to see what my boys would think of the movie. I was not surprised that they loved it! It is a great movie and there are so many memorable parts such as Gertie playing dress-up with E.T., E.T. reviving the plant, the flying bicycles, and who could forget the phrase "E.T. phone home."




I was excited to receive the combo pack which includes the Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy, Ultraviolet, and some great bonus features. Here are just a few of them:
  • The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T. from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award®-winning cinematographer John Toll. This piece will give viewers a unique feeling of being on the set and living the excitement of what it was like to make E.T.
  • Steven Spielberg & E.T.: Watch an all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
  • Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
  • A Look Back: A special insider's look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial was released on Blu-ray on October 9th. If your kids love this movie as much as mine do, here are some activities for them to enjoy:


Disclosure: I received a copy of the movie to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinion of the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila